Say It Right! contains a list of commonly mispronounced words with correct audio pronunciations and definitions in a Singaporean voice. Learn how to pronounce words like liaise, siphon, esplanade, almond, library.
Definition: To become aware of something
Example: Do you realise how fortunate you are?
Definition: A person who sells or rents out land or houses on behalf of the owner, especially in the USA
Example: The realtor sold the house at a good profit.
- A piece of paper which shows that a specified sum of money has been received
- A written statement confirming that something has been paid for or received
- An amount of money received over a period by an organization
Example: Remember to keep the receipt.
Definition: Willing to listen to new ideas
Example: She is always receptive to new ideas.
ruh-zheem, rey-, or, sometimes, -jeem
Definition: An ordered way of doing something/a course of diet, exercise or medical treatment
Example: Running is part of my fitness regime.
- A meeting or appointment to meet at a specified time and place
- A place where people meet
- An arranged meeting of two spacecraft
- To meet or cause to meet at a specified time or place
Example: They planned a romantic rendezvous in Paris.
rez-er-vwahr, -vwawr, -vawr, rez-uh-
Definition: An artificial lake where a large amount of water stored
Example: She enjoys jogging along the MacRitchie Reservoir.
Definition: Connected with breathing
Example: He is suffering from a respiratory disease.
Definition: A commercial establishment where meals are prepared and served to customers
Example: We like going to this restaurant for dinner.
Definition: To help someone escape from danger or some bad situation
Example: He was trapped under the pillar for two days waiting to be rescued.